Who are we looking for?
You’re an IT Engineer who loves solving problems. Troubleshooting is your bread and diagnosing is your butter. Resolving issues is satisfying, but do people remember who made the sandwich?
You’re reviewing your options. You’re a personable individual with a lot more than quick fixes to offer. You’ve decided that you want to work as a dedicated partner to businesses, acting as the “IT Guru” for those who aren’t as technically minded.
So what’s the opportunity? Right from the get-go, you will see that this is a broad and varied role. Tasks will involve diagnosing technical issues with customers of varying IT knowledge, fixing IT peripherals such as printers, scanners and projectors, configuring LAN, WLAN and WAN technologies, restoring servers as well as the configuration and maintenance of Firewalls and VPNs. Safe to say, the list goes on.
You’ll be delivering IT Support for around 150 businesses across the Warwickshire area; installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and peripherals in a consultative manner. You will also be responsible for the ongoing support of existing customers regarding their data and applications.
This role will be shaped by your preferences. Whether you are more suited to being in the office responding to incoming queries and incidents, or prefer to be out on customer sites providing face-to-face service, the split in remit will be discussed and catered towards the individual.
You will also build relationships with businesses, by being the recognisable face that visits the same group of clients – building rapport, credibility, trust and respect.
And what about the company? You’ll be joining a well-established and organically grown IT Service provider, who offer services to small and medium-sized businesses. The team are close-knit and very conscious of providing a happy and flexible working environment – with varying levels of experience you’re bound to be supported in any areas of development.
We are seeking an experienced IT Support Engineer / Service Desk Analyst to work within our expanding IT Support Company.
You will be required to deliver an efficient role in supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure.
The Senior IT Support Analyst role will be to:
- Work both in our office near Leamington Spa and on our various client sites as required, all predominantly Warwickshire based.
- Install and configure new hardware including Microsoft based Servers, PC’s, UPS’s, routers/firewalls, and other peripherals.
- Maintain, upgrade and repair existing Servers, PCs, and additional hardware.
- Support existing users with their data and applications on the phone and in person, troubleshooting day to day problems, administering networks, setting up mobile devices, advising staff and much, much more.
The successful Senior IT Support Engineer should have:
- The ability to communicate technical issues to customers of varying IT knowledge.
- Methodical and disciplined problem solving and fault-finding skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of: Windows Server 2012-19, Exchange, Networking, Firewalls, VPN, Windows 10, Mac OSX.
- Experience of Cloud Services including Microsoft Azure, Office365, AWS etc.
MS Office, IT peripherals including printers, scanners and projectors.
- Knowledge of LAN, WLAN and WAN technology is essential.
Mac experience & SharePoint knowledge might be an advantage.
- The ability to restore servers from backups within disaster recovery scenarios.
If you are self-motivated and flexible with good attention to detail, have excellent interpersonal skills, lots of confidence and you are capable of working under pressure then please email us and include your CV.
Essential requirements for the IT Support role are:
- As a minimum you should have a good level of secondary education in technical subjects and working experience in an IT support & computer environment.
- Driving Licence and car, as the successful candidate will spend time both in our office and with our clients.
Desirable requirements for the IT Support role are:
- A graduate (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. MCP / MCSE
- Full time, permanent position
Hours of work are 37.5 per week.
Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm.
Salary: Up to £35k per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
Please note: this role is based in our Leamington office, therefore we are looking for candidates that are able to easily commute. Whilst we try and provide feedback, unfortunately we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your details you may assume you have not been selected on this occasion.
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 /year depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: IT Support: 3 years (Required)
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire (Preferred)
Licence: Driving License (Required)
We ensure your company functions to the very best of its IT ability. We are on-hand whenever you need us – an extension of your own organisation.
As you would expect, our services ensure that your company has the very best strategy for its individual business needs.